1 tablet contains 100 mg of furazidine (Furazidinum), previous name: furagina. Excipient of known effect: 28 mg of sucrose in a tablet.
The drug is recommended in the treatment of acute and recurring uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance, nitrofuran derivatives, or any of the excipients
- 1st trimester of pregnancy.
- Period of full-term pregnancy (from 38th week) and labour, due to the risk of haemolytic anaemia in the infant.
- Children and youth under 15 years of age.
- Kidney failure (creatinine clearance below 60ml/min or increased serum creatinine level)
- Diagnosed polyneuropathy, e.g. diabetic.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency