1 g of solution contains 100 mg of povidone-iodine (Povidonum iodatum)
The medicinal product PV JOD 10% solution is used in:
- The prevention and treatment of infections of the skin and mucous membranes caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses (impetigo, purulent and seborrheic inflammations, boils, athlete's foot),
- To disinfect wounds, especially superficial, and after surgery, in burns, scabs and sores, especially on the legs,
- For disinfecting the skin before surgery,
- For disinfection of vaginal and oral mucosa.
Do not use the medicinal product:
- If you are allergic to povidone-iodine, iodine, or any of the excipients of the medicinal product,
- In patients with renal and thyroid diseases,
- In children under 2 years of age,
- In long-term treatment,
- On the extensive body surface area (over 30%),
- In chronically ill patients,
- In patients with renal insufficiency,
- In patients concomitantly treated with lithium products.